Sunday, July 22, 2012

Make Jen's Day

Jen Banks via TechMommy.ca
I love being inspired by other women!

Jen Banks is a self-professed techy, geek mom who is covered in tattoos and likes her wine. She is also someone who's compassion and generosity caught the attention of the Twitterverse when she posted a blog called, "Go Ahead, Make My Day."

This blog caught my attention because of Jen's selfless act of kindness and turning what should be a day of celebrating her into a day of helping other people.
Sunday, July 22nd is my birthday and I have only one wish: 
I wish that all of my friends, family, Twitter followers, FB friends, blog readers and even people in my Google + circles take a moment this weekend to give something to charity.
Give your time, give food, give diapers, give formula, give clothing, give money, give breast milk. What you give doesn’t matter as much as helping someone who needs it. 
When you give, take a picture. Then make sure I see it.
Tweet it using the #makejensday hashtag
Join the Make Jen’s Day Facebook page and post your photos on the wall
Use the #makejensday hashtag on Instagram.
Write a blog post about your experience and link back to this post
Email it: jenniferbanksyeg@gmail.com
She wrote the post after helping out someone in need and recognizing that she had been helped her at various times in her life. For that, I have mad respect.

Jen is a perfect example of someone who is making a difference.


Happy birthday Jen! May all of your birthday wishes come true!

 
 



P.S. If this doesn't get Jen nominated for a FIERCE award I don't know what will. Totally FIERCE in my humble opinion. 

Return to You Are FIERCE




2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing, Tamara. Means the world to me. Make Jen's day has already surpassed 65 acts of giving and kindness. So amazing!! I'm in absolute awe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Jen!! Love that your complete act of selfless generosity is making a difference. Totally in awe!!!

    ReplyDelete